September 4, 2019
It’s tailgating season! Whether you plan to fire up the grill, or simply pick up subs on the way, make gameday a little easier on yourself with these tips.
- Consider a party planning app that allows you to invite people to your tailgate and coordinate what they are bringing.
- Instead of a table cloth, a twin size fitted sheet will stay secured around the perimeter of a table, and you can probably find one to match your team’s colors.
- Pop-up hampers from the dollar store make great trash bins. Get two. One for trash, and one for recycling and place a trash bag inside.
- Create a handwashing station using a water jug, a five-gallon bucket, a bungee cord, a soap dispenser and a roll of paper towels.
- Freeze bottles of water to use in place of ice in coolers and you’ll have cold water to drink after they melt.
- Bring along an empty bin with a latching lid for dirty dishes, utensils and containers. It keeps them from attracting bugs and contains the mess in one place.
- Don’t forget the first-aid kit. Burn ointment, bandages, ibuprofen, sunscreen, etc. − be prepared since you’ll be out there for hours.
One last thing. Make friends with your neighbors even if they are rooting for the opposing team. You never know when you might need to rely on them for a crucial item (like a bottle opener) that you left at home.