August 20, 2020
Receiving the President’s Safety Excellence Award were the following Jersey Central Power & Light (JCP&L) work groups:
- Wharton Transmission – The group’s 21 employees celebrated five years OSHA free and four years without a chargeable motor vehicle accident (CMVA).
- Summit – Thirty-five employees in the line shop achieved five years without an OSHA recordable.
- Northern New Jersey Mobile Construction – Fifteen employees in the group marked five years without an OSHA recordable.
- Phillipsburg Meter Services – Members of this group surpassed four years without an OSHA recordable.
- Hopatcong Meter Reading – The group achieved two years of OSHA-free work.
- Farmingdale Transmission – Twenty-seven employees in the group achieved one year without an OSHA recordable and two years without a CMVA.
- Flemington Meter Reading – Members of this group marked one year without an OSHA recordable.
Bargaining-unit employees at JCP&L are represented by the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 1289.
Employees in JCP&L’s Newton Meter Reading group were recognized in an Aug. 17 story.