February 25, 2021
The following work groups at our utility companies celebrated safety milestones:
- Lewistown – The district’s 31 employees achieved two years without an OSH- recordable incident.
Bargaining-unit employees at Lewistown are represented by Utility Workers Union of America (UWUA) Local 180.
West Penn Power
- Latrobe – The service center’s 49 members celebrated seven years without an OSHA recordable and more than one year without a controllable motor vehicle accident (CMVA) on Feb. 5.
- Jeannette – Ninety employees at the facility achieved one year of OSHA-free work on Dec. 5.
Bargaining-unit employees at Latrobe and Jeannette are represented by UWUA Local 102.
- Webster – The service center’s nine employees celebrated two years without an OSHA recordable and seven years without a CMVA. Bargaining-unit members are represented by the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 2357.
- Fairlea – Forty-two employees at the facility celebrated two years of OSHA-free work and more than one year without a CMVA. IBEW Local 50 represents Fairlea’s union employees.
The Illuminating Company
- Ashtabula – Forty-two employees in the Lines group surpassed two years without an OSHA recordable.
UWUA Local 270 represents bargaining-unit employees at Ashtabula.
- Lindsey – Thirty employees at the service center achieved six years without an OSHA recordable on Jan. 20.
Bargaining-unit employees at Lindsey are represented by IBEW Local. 245.