March 24, 2021
Employees in the following work groups were recognized for their safe work practices:
- Virginia Avenue – Twenty-two employees in the Controls group marked 18 years without an OSHA-recordable incident on Feb. 7. The International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 2357 represents union employees in the group.
- Petersburg – The service center celebrated seven years without an OSHA recordable. There are 13 employees based at the facility. Bargaining-unit employees at Petersburg are represented by Utility Workers Union of America (UWUA) Local 102.
- Altoona – The district’s 100 employees achieved one year without an OSHA-recordable incident. Bargaining-unit employees are represented by UWUA Local 180.
West Penn Power
- Pleasant Valley – The service center’s 65 employees celebrated two years without an OSHA recordable on Feb. 20. Bargaining-unit employees are represented by UWUA Local 102.
The Illuminating Company (CEI)
- Middlefield – Eleven employees in the Lines group achieved two years without an OSHA-recordable incident.
- Miles – Fifty-three members of the Lines group marked one year of OSHA-free work.
- Customer Accounts – Members of the group have worked 21 years without an OSHA recordable.
Bargaining-unit employees at CEI are represented by UWUA Local 270.
- Akron – The contact center celebrated two years without an OSHA recordable on Feb. 16. There are 270 employees working at the site.