Safety Milestones in Pennsylvania
July 20, 2020
Our Pennsylvania utility companies presented the President’s Safety Excellence Award to employees in the following work groups:
- Clearfield – 10 employees in the district’s project crew achieved seven years without an OSHA-recordable incident on July 1.
- Stroudsburg – The service center’s 27 employees celebrated five years without an OSHA recordable on June 8.
- Dillsburg – Sixteen employees achieved three years of OSHA-free work on June 12.
- Gettysburg – Eleven employees reached the three-year, OSHA-free mark on June 15.
Bargaining-unit employees at Met-Ed are represented by IBEW Local 777.
West Penn Power
- McConnellsburg – The service center’s 14 employees celebrated one year without an OSHA recordable and more than one year without a chargeable motor vehicle accident (CMVA) on June 16.
- Uniontown – Thirty-six employees marked four years without an OSHA recordable and more than one year without a CMVA on June 29.
Bargaining-unit employees at West Penn Power are represented by Utility Workers Union of America (UWUA) Local 102.
We’ll highlight the safety milestones of Maryland, West Virginia and Ohio work groups on FirstEnergy Today later this week.