Safety Milestones in Ohio, PA
October 21, 2020
Employees in the following work groups received the President’s Safety Excellence Award.
- Medina – Thirty-nine employees achieved one year without an OSHA-recordable incident.
Bargaining-unit employees at Medina are represented by Utility Workers Union of America (UWUA) Local 126. Ohio Edison’s North Jackson Lines group was featured in a Oct. 16 story on the FirstEnergy Today portal.
The Illuminating Company (CEI)
- Revenue Operations – Members of the group – consisting of 17 field collectors and three official personnel – celebrated 11 years without an OSHA recordable and one year without a chargeable motor vehicle accident (CMVA).
- Strongsville – Forty-five employees in the Lines group achieved two years without an OSHA recordable.
- Transmission Lines – Approximately 15 employees celebrated three years of OSHA-free work.
Bargaining-unit employees at CEI are represented by UWUA Local 270.
West Penn Power
- Clarion – The service center’s 11 employees celebrated three years of OSHA-free work and more than one year without a CMVA on Sept. 20.
- Kittanning – Forty employees at the service center achieved three years without an OSHA recordable on Sept. 27.
- St. Marys – Thirty-two employees achieved two years without an OSHA recordable and more than one year without a CMVA on Sept. 11.
Bargaining-unit employees at West Penn Power are represented by UWUA Local 102.
- Transmission Maintenance – The group’s 15 employees celebrated nine years of OSHA-free work on Sept. 14.
- York – The service center’s 135 employees achieved one year without an OSHA recordable on Aug. 19.
- Boyertown – Thirty-two employees at the facility surpassed one year without an OSHA recordable on Aug. 14.
Bargaining-unit employees at Met-Ed are represented by the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 777.