Safety Milestones at JCP&L
August 19, 2019
Jersey Central Power & Light employees in the following Operations Support groups celebrated safety milestones:
- Morristown Meter Services achieved 14 years without an OSHA-recordable incident. There are 12 employees in the group.
- Newton Meter Reading surpassed 13 years without an OSHA incident. The group includes 11 employees.
- Union Beach Meter Reading marked nine years of OSHA-free work. Twelve employees are in the group.
- Allenhurst Meter Reading reached three years without an OSHA incident. The group includes 17 employees.
- Hopatcong Meter Reading’s 14 employees achieved one year without an OSHA incident.
“Employees in these Meter Services and Meter Reading groups are in the field each work day serving our customers. We’re proud of their commitment to keeping safety at the forefront of everything they do,” said Pat Mullin, director, Regional Operations Support.
Bargaining-unit employees at JCP&L are represented by the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 1289.