Safety Milestones at JCP&L
January 25, 2021
The following work groups at JCP&L were recognized for their safety achievements:
- North New Jersey – Eleven employees in the Fleet Services day crew celebrated 19 years without an OSHA-recordable incident.
- Central New Jersey – Fifteen employees in the Fleet Services day crew achieved 15 years without a controllable motor vehicle accident (CMVA).
- Old Bridge/Freehold – The Meter Reading group’s 19 employees celebrated 12 years without a CMVA.
- Union Beach – Meter Reading has driven five years without a CMVA. There are 10 employees in the group.
- West Wharton – Sixteen employees in Transmission Construction & Maintenance achieved five years without a CMVA.
- North New Jersey – Mobile Construction has driven five years without a CMVA. There are 11 employees in the group.
- Wall – Utility Construction & Maintenance achieved four years of OSHA-free work. There are 14 employees in the group.
- Berkeley – Forty-four employees in the Lines group surpassed three years without an OSHA recordable.
- Point Pleasant – The Collection group’s 33 employees celebrated four years without a CMVA.
Bargaining-unit employees at JCP&L are represented by the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 1289.