January 26, 2021
The following work groups in FirstEnergy Utilities were recognized for safe work practices:
- Substations – The group’s 100 employees marked four years without a controllable motor vehicle accident (CMVA) on Dec. 15.
Bargaining-unit employees in Substations are represented by the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 50 or Local 2357.
West Penn Power
- Substations – The group’s 141 employees achieved one year without an OSHA-recordable incident on Dec. 5.
Bargaining-unit employees at West Penn Power are represented by Utility Workers Union of America (UWUA) Local 102.
- Erie – Twelve employees in the project crew celebrated four years without an OSHA recordable and CMVA. Members of the group focus on transmission line maintenance and enhancements.
Bargaining-unit employees in the Erie project crew are represented by IBEW Local 459.
- Cranberry – Fifty employees celebrated one year without an OSHA recordable on Dec. 6. The service center also achieved one year without a CMVA in 2020.
Bargaining-unit employees at Cranberry are represented by UWUA Local 140.
- Elyria – The service center’s 89 employees achieved one year of OSHA-free work. IBEW Local 1194 represents bargaining-unit employees at the facility.
- Salem-Alliance – Sixty-four employees at the service center marked one year without an OSHA recordable on Jan. 9. The group also reached one year without a CMVA in 2020. Bargaining-unit employees are represented by UWUA Local 118 or IBEW Local 1194.