June 24, 2021
Ohio Edison, Potomac Edison and Mon Power recognized employees in the following work groups for their safety achievements:
- Mansfield – Six employees in Meter Reading celebrated two years without an OSHA-recordable incident.
- Alliance – Meter Services achieved 19 years of OSHA-free work and three years without a controllable motor vehicle accident (CMVA). Two employees are in the group.
Bargaining-unit members at Mansfield and Alliance are represented by the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 1194.
- Fort Ashby – The service center’s 13 employees celebrated one year of OSHA-free work on May 4.
- Cumberland – Fifty-two employees have driven two years without an CMVA.
Bargaining-unit members are represented by Utility Workers Union of America (UWUA) Local 102.
The following service center received the President’s Safety Excellence Award:
- Gassaway – Thirty-eight employees achieved three years without an OSHA recordable on May 8. Bargaining-unit members at Gassaway are represented by IBEW Local 2357.