Recognizing Safety Excellence
July 21, 2021
Employees at West Penn Power, Penelec, ED Operations Support and Mon Power recently were recognized for their safe work practices.
West Penn Power
The following service centers received the President’s Safety Excellence Award:
- McConnellsburg – Fifteen employees achieved two years of OSHA-free work and more than one year without a controllable motor vehicle accident (CMVA) on June 16.
- Uniontown – Thirty-two employees celebrated five years without an OSHA recordable and more than one year without a CMVA on June 29.
Bargaining-unit employees at West Penn Power are represented by Utility Workers Union of America (UWUA) Local 102.
- Mansfield – Five employees in the project crew achieved two years of OSHA-free work on June 24. The International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 459 represents bargaining-unit employees in the group.
ED Operations Support
- BETA Lab – The group celebrated five years without an OSHA recordable on June 1. There are 36 employees working at the facility in Mayfield, Ohio.
The following service center received the President’s Safety Excellence Award:
- Weston-Buckhannon – Thirty-six employees celebrated one year without an OSHA-recordable incident on June 18. Bargaining-unit members at the site are represented by IBEW Local 2357.