Easy Ways to Stay Hydrated
June 6, 2019
If it feels like we’ve been waiting all year for summer … well, it’s here! The sun is finally out, pools are open, and the grass is greener. But as temps rise this summer, it’s important to pay close attention to how much (or little) we’re hydrating. With hotter weather and outdoor activities comes increased water loss – through sweating and evaporation – as your body works to stay cool.
Here are some clever and easy ways to stay cool and hydrated:
- Start your day with oatmeal (it’s a hydrating food!)
- Sip smoothies
- Freeze your fruit
- Limit coffee (and other caffeinated beverages) and alcohol
- Switch out plain water for coconut water
- Choose whole foods (whole grains, fruits, veggies)
- Morning workout? Drink water the night before.