Celebrating Safety in PA
June 24, 2021
Met-Ed, West Penn Power and Penelec recognized the following work groups for their safe work practices.
- Transmission Maintenance – The group’s 17 employees achieved 10 years without a controllable motor vehicle accident (CMVA). During that time, members of the group drove more than 600,000 miles throughout Met-Ed’s 3,300-square mile territory.
- Hanover – Thirty employees at the service center received the President’s Safety Excellence Award for achieving three years of OSHA-free work on May 26.
Bargaining-unit members at Met-Ed are represented by the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 777.
West Penn Power
The following service centers received the President’s Safety Excellence Award:
- Charleroi – Forty-five employees achieved seven years without an OSHA recordable on May 9.
- Butler – The facility’s 53 employees celebrated three years of OSHA-free work on May 11.
Utility Workers Union of America (UWUA) Local 102 represents bargaining-unit employees at West Penn Power.
- Montrose – Twenty-seven employees in the group celebrated four years without an OSHA recordable or CMVA on May 25.
- Mansfield – The district’s 22 employees achieved two years of OSHA-free work on May 27.
Bargaining-unit employees at Montrose and Mansfield are represented by IBEW Local 459.