September 25, 2020
Employees in the following work groups were recognized for their commitment to keeping themselves and their coworkers safe.
- Transmission & Substation Services – On Feb. 4, the group’s 103 employees achieved 10 years without an OSHA-recordable injury and five years without a chargeable motor vehicle accident (CMVA) on April 13.
- Kinsman – The line shop’s 19 employees achieved one year without an OSHA recordable on Aug. 12. The group also has not recorded a CMVA in more than six years.
Bargaining-unit employees at Kinsman are represented by Utility Workers Union of America (UWUA) Local 118.
- Thurmont – The service center’s 10 employees achieved one year without an OSHA recordable on Sept. 3.
Bargaining-unit employees at Thurmont are represented by UWUA Local 102.
- Spencer – The service center’s 18 employees achieved one year without an OSHA recordable on Aug. 6.
- Hinton – Eleven employees celebrated three years of OSHA-free work on Aug. 24. Bargaining-unit employees at Hinton are represented by the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 50.