Driving Out Hunger
March 18, 2021
Looking for a unique way to support our 2021 Harvest for Hunger Campaign – even after our official food drive ends? If so, mark your calendars for our new Pop-the-Trunk drive-thru food collection effort on Thursday, April 1.
To support the event, employees and their families, friends and neighbors can fill up their vehicle trunks with nonperishable food items and head to a participating foodbank in their area.
“Participants drive up to the site and ‘pop-the-trunk’ for foodbank employees and volunteers to unload their donation,” said Lorna Wisham, vice president, Corporate Affairs & Community Involvement. “Pop-the-Trunk is a great way to support local families in need while adhering to COVID-19 safety precautions. It’s also another opportunity to provide the ‘Super Six’ items that foodbanks need most: boxed cereal, peanut butter, canned tuna, canned vegetables, canned beef stew and canned soup.”
Participating Pop-the-Trunk foodbanks and times below:
- Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank, 1-4 p.m.
- Fulfill Foodbank Monmouth County (Neptune, N.J.), 1-3 p.m.
- Fulfill Foodbank Ocean County (Toms River, N.J.), 1-3 p.m.
- Greater Cleveland Food Bank, 1-4 p.m.
- Interfaith Food Pantry (Morris Plains, N.J.), 1-3 p.m.
- NORWESCAP Food Bank (Phillipsburg, N.J.), 1-3 p.m.
- Second Harvest Food Bank of the Mahoning Valley (Youngstown, Ohio), 1-4 p.m.
- Toledo Northwest Ohio Foodbank, 1-4 p.m.
- Westmoreland County Food Bank (Delmont, Pa.), 1-4 p.m.
- Helping Harvest Food Bank (Reading, Pa.), 1-3 p.m.